Dal sito di Kate Mcdonough rubo e pubblico.
Farro Pasta with Zucchini and Roasted Carrots
1 pound whole wheat or farro pasta. Cut pieces, such as fusilli or ziti, are better for this recipe than a long pasta like spaghetti.
1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 pound zucchini (about 3 medium), cut into 1/4-inch slices
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 shallot, finely minced
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
Optional: grated parmigiano-reggiano or pecorino cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 450º F.
- On a rimmed cookie sheet, spread the carrots in a single layer. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil and add 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of black pepper. Make sure all the carrot pieces are coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Roast in the hot oven for about 40 minutes or until completely cooked and tender. Remove from the oven and hold aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon salt, and cook the pasta according to the directions on its box.
- Place a large sauté pan or skillet on medium heat and add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, add the minced shallots, onions and red pepper flakes and cook until soft and fragrant but not yet brown.
- Add the sliced zucchini and raise the temperature to medium high and cook until the slices are completely tender and golden brown. When finished cooking, add the roasted carrot, toss to combine, and turn off the heat, leaving the pan on the stove.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain and add the pasta directly to the sauté pan and combine with the cooked vegetables.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, passing grated cheese on the side.
Tip: This recipe and method of cooking can be made using your favorite vegetables. Choose ones that will combine well with the hearty pasta, such as roasted tomatoes, asparagus, grilled red onions, or cubes of butternut squash.
Per l’originale cliccate qui